Pot belly fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pot belly fire

With winter approaching I spent yesterday finishing off a bit of a fire place for the back yard

Made from 2 truck brake drums held together with a steel band

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210312_190328.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	320281
    the smoke stack is a old bit of 4inch bore casing
    The lid is a bit of 2.5mm plate
    the adaptor from the brake drum to the stack is a fitting that is or was commercially available for fitting to a 44gallon drum

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210312_190401.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	320282
    A few braces to support the smoke stack and a stand to lift it up off the ground and the job was completed

The bottom of the brake drums are open to allow air flow

All in all a quick and easy build

Warning bloody heavy when finished make sure you eat your wheatbix before moving

Sent via pony express and mail plane

You know that moment when the steak is on the grill and your mouth waters in anticipation? Vegans feel the same after mowing the lawn.

Looks good fish I like it.
    Go hard or Go home.

Comment

Bloody Gladys is trying to do away with these sort of things... Someone should remind her they work better than a paper shredder.
      "If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

Comment

Nothing lights a fire better than shredded paper and petrol

You know that moment when the steak is on the grill and your mouth waters in anticipation? Vegans feel the same after mowing the lawn.

Comment

Originally posted by fishphillott View Post
          Nothing lights a fire better than shredded paper and petrol
          or removes your eyebrows quicker .i like the bracing for the chimney i should have thought of that on those i have made....cheers..pd.

Comment

It radiates some heat I'm about 3m away enjoying a relaxing lemonade smoking a pipe and slowly roasting myself
            Click image for larger version  Name:	20210313_192516.jpg Views:	3 Size:	15.8 KB ID:	320296
            Last edited by fishphillott; 13-03-2021, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Gotta go find mine out in the back yard and put a pic up, slight variation on your Fish.
              The TRUTH is out there,
              the Aliens think its a great joke on us.
              We still believe in Santa, but eat the Easter Bunny

And the Easter Bunny tastes SO GOOD !!
              That's why he is made of Chocolate.

Comment

Working...
              X