Show us your swag! (Please)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show us your swag! (Please)

Hey all, if you've got a swag I want to hear about it, pictures are more than welcome....
    Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	3
Size:	621.1 KB
ID:	34030

Here's a pic of me camping on the Murray river about a month ago. Swag is a Oz trail Mitchell King Single. Got it off eBay for about $180 if i remember correctly.

Have added one of those cheapo blue foam camp mats under the supplied foam mattress for a bit of extra comfort and to keep the cold out. Using a Roman Swag bag sleeping bag which has heaps of room. (actually slept in my jocks and on top of the sleeping bag that night as it was quite warm)

Really happy with this swag, previous swag was a Jolly Swagman i had since i was a lad and my head poked out the end.

There are better swags out there than the Oz-trail Mitchell. However for an occasional user you really cant go wrong with one of these for under $200

Comment

my swag has a tally of all the ladies who have fallen victim to my charm, its up the farm at the moment but ill try to get a pic of it next time im up there.

Comment

Here's my Swag, there was a thread on the old forum with these photo's in it, but since it's gone i shall re-post!

this is one of those $50 swags from Anaconda. Dune Stockman.

ATM it looks nothing like those photos hahaha, rolled up it's a bit tubby now cause i keep my sleeping bag and a blanket inside of it. when camping for a longer time i will put a foam camping mat underneath for that little bit extra.

It's been a great swag, used it plenty of times. well worth the $50 it cost me. small enough to fit on the motorbike yet big enough inside to keep my fat ass dry.

Cheers,

Nuzo

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah too good, thanks for all the posts guys, being that I'm in the market for another swag, all this info is very helpful, thanks

I have the Mitchell King single also. $199 from one of the camping places in town. I find it plenty comfortable with the supplied mattress. Heaps of room could read a broadsheet paper if you want. Or share with someone if the need arose.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Kizza" post=28381
          I have the Mitchell King single also. $199 from one of the camping places in town. I find it plenty comfortable with the supplied mattress. Heaps of room could read a broadsheet paper if you want. Or share with someone if the need arose.
          You'd have to fight for big and little spoon naturally.
          Quality wise the most it's been wet was travelling to and from in the back of the ute, being canvas it didn't really phase it just ran off as you would expect. They're rather roomy and I've been snug as a bug out Hill End (NSW) in the middle of winter where the night was hovering around zero degrees.

Name:	IMG_0615.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	41725

Piece of piss to setup, I'm getting better at rolling it back together each time.

Picked mine up from Tentworld, Still available for $199 Delivery was cheap from memory

Wait so is the Mitchell canvas or PVC base?

Comment

• phoenix
          phoenix commented
          Editing a comment
          it comes in both however i have only seen the PVC base on ebay

Well I ordered a southern cross king dome, just so I can stretch right out and all, only think is I'm wondering if it will fit in the car haha

Comment

I have been borrowing my old mans Burke & Wills King size.
          Mattress is very comfy, very roomy with three dome poles and the best thing after spotlighting until 4am is that it dosnt let any light in! Perfect for a sleep in after a big night.

The only downside is its bloody big when rolled up ..... I still think I will be getting myself one though, I really like it!

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by notorious_benny" post=35691
            I have been borrowing my old mans Burke & Wills King size.
            Mattress is very comfy, very roomy with three dome poles and the best thing after spotlighting until 4am is that it dosnt let any light in! Perfect for a sleep in after a big night.

The only downside is its bloody big when rolled up ..... I still think I will be getting myself one though, I really like it!
            Before I decided to buy the southern cross I was really considering the Burke and wills, mainly because they had an xl model, in my searching for these swags through retail outlets I have seen them for 600-700, but jumped online and couldn't believe the price difference. Here's a couple of pages to check out, works out a hell of a lot cheaper and it's even freighted to your door.
            http://www.wildearth.com.au/buy/burke-and-wills-coolabah-green-single-dome-canvas/coolsgft

http://www.wildearth.com.au/buy/burke-and-wills-coolabah-x-long-x-wide-dome-canvas/coolxlft

Not much to look at, which suits me because that means it's not much to carry.

Name:	DSC01051.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	48034

British army gortex bivi bag, pimped out with a Swiss army self inflating air mattress. all up 2.5kg
          Choice of light weight highlander (900g) or an arctic (3kg) bag.

Comment

Back of the ute...Club Med...heading out on Monday.

Name:	DSC_0092.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	48592
            I'm in love with Jennifer Hawkins and Alessandra Ambrosio

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by Sambar Country" post=36295

oh man that looks comfy! nice!
              Attached Files

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by Sambar Country" post=36295

No room for Jennifer Hawkins in mine
              But I do have dinosaurs ,,,,
              and air con

Name:	DSC01053.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	48830
              Attached Files

This is me . . . I forget the brand but I paid about $215 at Anaconda for it and it's a dream. Nice and sturdy where it matters (zips, seals, canvass etc) and does the job perfectly.

Name:	273073_10150246840379936_4000034_o.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	56785

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by Zen and the Art of Marksmanship" post=45408
              This is me . . . I forget the brand but I paid about $215 at Anaconda for it and it's a dream. Nice and sturdy where it matters (zips, seals, canvass etc) and does the job perfectly.
              Good stuff mate, thanks for sharing.
              Attached Files

• Archie
              Archie commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by Zen and the Art of Marksmanship" post=45408
              nice spot mate
              Attached Files

Got this swag for Xmas last year, my wife had put it up in the back yard without me knowning , and then I had to try my coffin for size

Name:	003.JPG
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	56832

Name:	005.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	56833
            Marlin 1894 .44rem mag
            Tikka T3 Super Varmint .260rem
            Savage Axis XP Camo .260rem
            Ruger American .22wmr
            BSA SuperSport XL .22
            Adler A110 Synthetic 20" 12ga
            Boito Miura U/O 12ga

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by Mack260rem" post=45455
              Got this swag for Xmas last year, my wife had put it up in the back yard without me knowning , and then I had to try my coffin for size

I do tend to agree with you on the coffin bit... But I have spent an entire winter sleeping in one of those swags, 5 nights a week for near 4 months and spent most of the time kicking the sleeping bag off because I was to hot and sweating in near -0... I have also slept through storms in it and never seen a drop inside... Great value for money swag IMO... But you will require a new mattress before you use it... I got a self inflating type for $99 and its worth it...
              Well worth the money for a sub $400 swag...

After new year I will be looking at spending a lot more time in my coffin as I will have to camp away for work for 6 months... I dont care though as I know I will be safer and more comfortable than Dracula in his coffin...
              Attached Files

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by Mack260rem" post=45455

Nice swag mate, I think your pretty right about the coffin thing, but hey it keeps in the warmth like nothing else.
              I opted for the southern cross because it has a bit more room for the claustrophobic minded people like myself
              Attached Files

Been trying to get a pic for a while now.... My 8 year old brother got a swag for Xmas so dad my brother and myslef drove to ollen ford for an overnighter....

All are mr swagman-deluxe swags by mr swagman

Name:	image_2013-12-30.jpg
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	59774
            I throw sub-moa rocks

If you heard the shot, you weren't the target

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Just retired my old double swag (just canvas flap style) , and bought a double dome swag from kulkyne http://www.kulkyne.com/au/Kulkyne-Double-Swag.html

Love it canto wait to get out and use it heavy duty canvas, can as carry bag it's pritty neat

thought its time that i contribute to this thread so here it is, this is my southern cross king dome, I've had it for a while now and spent many nights in it and i have no complaints. it is a pretty big swag at 1.56m wide, 2.44m long and 0.9m high but I've found the extra room to be really good as it allows me to get changed and store some clothes and other weather sensitive gear. the mattress is 5cm thick and made out of a high density foam and to be honest i found it more comfortable than the 7cm mattress in my old swag. one thing i do is roll up a heavy duty tarp around the swag and secure it with buckle/straps as this not only protects the swag from the elements and from possible abrasion/tears during transportation but acts as a ground sheet when i set it up. from the moment i unpacked it i was really impressed with the workmanship and quality of this swag, good fly screen and top canvas and everything seems to be double stitched, the pvc floor is really heavy duty and the swag even has a pouch at the head end to store your keys, torch and phone. the swag is freestanding and supported by two end hoops and a centre ridge pole, no pegs required but you do have the option of pegging the awnings on both ends out to allow the windows to be opened from the inside which i found to be awesome in heavy rain as it sill allows proper ventilation in the swag.
            thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

• Astro
              Astro commented
              Editing a comment
              Elim Beach near Cooktown

Lakefield NP

Back yard

It's a cheapie I got with a magazine subscription, now looking to replace it

ive got a Boab. $600 got it on special for $380. Seems like good quality canvas, good guy ropes and decent mattress. its bloody big for a double!

I plan on doing what sambar does and sleeping in the ute when I get the new ute.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by JasonSelmes" post=80721
              ive got a Boab. $600 got it on special for $380. Seems like good quality canvas, good guy ropes and decent mattress. its bloody big for a double!

I plan on doing what sambar does and sleeping in the ute when I get the new ute.

Very nice, they look to be a pretty nice swag, back when I was in the market for mine it was one of my options but I ended up going with the southern cross king dome.
              Thanks for posting mate.
          Working...
          X