Southern cross canvas dome swags.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern cross canvas dome swags.

Greetings all, I put forward to you this question, Are southern cross swags worth the money? I'm considering upgrading to one but id like to know first if they are up to par quality wise, I've never had a chance to look at one in the flesh and most likely wont until it arrives on my door step, so I ask, what do you think of southern cross dome swags? In particular the king dome.
    Thank you.

Southern Cross stuff is excellent. I personally haven't seen there swags up close but have seen there tents and camper trailer tents and these looked good.
    I see nothing, I hear nothing, I KNOW NOTHING !!!!

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Only thing that I don't like after reading the specs of the southern cross swags is that they only use a 50mm flat foam mattress. A 75mm convoluted would be a nicer option I think.

There's always mr swag man, higher end of the market but you will have it for life....
    I throw sub-moa rocks

If you heard the shot, you weren't the target

Comment

Kulkayne Swags mate
      http://www.kulkyne.com/au/Kulkyne-Swags/

Even check out the very comparable Roo Systems dome swag for $265

I've seen the Southern Cross swag and it's quality all round, not a fan of 50mm foam myself and Roo Systems is the same but, the Kulkanye is 65mm. You'll pay all of $1000 for the Southern cross swag by the time you're done, too much for a swag IMO.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by The Boar Man" post=11020
        Kulkayne Swags mate
        http://www.kulkyne.com/au/Kulkyne-Swags/

Even check out the very comparable Roo Systems dome swag for $265

I've seen the Southern Cross swag and it's quality all round, not a fan of 50mm foam myself and Roo Systems is the same but, the Kulkanye is 65mm. You'll pay all of $1000 for the Southern cross swag by the time you're done, too much for a swag IMO.
        Hey mate, I did check out the roo systems and kulkyne, they look alright quality but I'd like a swag that would last me years and years, hence why I'm looking at the southern cross one, I'm not too worried about paying the grand for the king dome, but I'm hoping at that price it will come with a good quality carry bag, that would allow extra room for the swag to be rolled up with a pillow and blanket in it and still fit in the carry bag, after all, I'd want to look after it properly.
        Thanks

Another option to consider if size and weight are ever an issue is a bivy and sleeping bag combo I have a black diamond big wall bivy. That I use with different combinations of mattresses and aleeping bags depending on weather I'm camping in the qld summer or the koziosco winter. The bivy packs up to the size of a drink bottle as dosethe mattress I use most. Then I have 4 levels of down sleeping bag that I can pick to suit conditions. Not good for 2 though.
      Attached Files

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Kmus" post=11361
        Another option to consider if size and weight are ever an issue is a bivy and sleeping bag combo I have a black diamond big wall bivy. That I use with different combinations of mattresses and aleeping bags depending on weather I'm camping in the qld summer or the koziosco winter. The bivy packs up to the size of a drink bottle as dosethe mattress I use most. Then I have 4 levels of down sleeping bag that I can pick to suit conditions. Not good for 2 though.
        Have considered a bivvy but I think a proper dome would suit me better, is that you in the pic? It looks awfully cold with all that snow!
        Thanks
    Working...
    X