Earthcruiser 4x4 Camper...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earthcruiser 4x4 Camper...

Does anyone have one these vehicles or know someone who does ???
    These vehicles are made in NSW, Australia.

I'm thinking of buying one.
    Your opinions are welcome.

Thanks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvVYQkrTxbA

Looks pretty neat, though I'd still prefer the 4x4 plus camper/caravan though.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

• Maverick
      Maverick commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Morgo" post=877
      Looks pretty neat, though I'd still prefer the 4x4 plus camper/caravan though.
      That combo won't go where I want it to.
      The vehicle requires no power for 2 weeks when stationary.
      Backup geny is available though.

It has solar panels/batteries for power and uses Diesel fuelled Webasto Cooktop.
      The heat source is an integrated diesel burner drawing fuel directly from the vehicles fuel tank.

A good toilet and ripper of a shower.
      I like my comforts in the bush.

Thanks...

Comes down to what you want it for I guess.

It has the advantage of being smaller which can be very useful. Though a good offroad 4x4 with an offroad camper or caravan can go alot of places and will generally win out in most categories, like flexibility i.e vehicle separate to camper , comforts, space, accessories etc due to being that a caravan is larger.
    Solar panels/batts, geny, shower/toilet and a lot more can all be had in a camper/caravan. (my grandfather put a washing machine in his caravan )

I've grown up with the 4x4 and camper/caravan. For me they would do what I want better but my requirements are not always going to be the same as others who would get better use out the earthcruiser type setup.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

Morgo do you have any pics of your 4wd and camper setup ???

Thanks...

Comment

Nothing I could find, the camper is stored at a family's property so not much chance of a pic any time soon.

Comment

• Maverick
          Maverick commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Morgo" post=1064
          Nothing I could find, the camper is stored at a family's property so not much chance of a pic any time soon.
          No worries mate.

Thanks...

Originally posted by Maverick" post=859

Thanks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvVYQkrTxbA

One of our club members as one, if he is at the next shoot could ask him some question?

Comment

• Maverick
          Maverick commented
          Editing a comment
          [quote="Steve" post=1067]
          Originally posted by Maverick" post=859

Thanks...

One of our club members as one, if he is at the next shoot could ask him some question?
          Thanks for the offer, I can't think of any questions tonight.
          I'll fly down to see the Earthcruiser people, they have many thousands of acres to test them on.

Thanks...

Maverick,

That looks bloody fantastic!

That's the sort of unit I've been thinking about.

Anywhere to stash rifles?

What's the approx ask?

Comment

• Maverick
          Maverick commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Snag" post=1068
          Maverick,

That looks bloody fantastic!

That's the sort of unit I've been thinking about.

Anywhere to stash rifles?

What's the approx ask?
          Snag, there is plenty of room for the bang sticks, depends on your options when built. Most are custom builds.
          Price is from $180,000 onwards. It depends on whether you want extra fuel tanks, geny's, and bits and bob's

Thanks...

Here's our setup. This pic was taken just before we set off on our near 2 years of travelling this beautiful land of ours.

The Goldstream poptop handled everything we decided to do. Obviously everything is a compromise so no one rig will do everything best, but this was what suited us best. The right blend of comfort, reliability, accessibility, and price.

I do like the idea of the Earthcruiser, I've always liked the idea of an older 4x4 canter and deck it out as a camper. It'd be a bloody great fishing station I reckon.
        But for us not so practical with the little fellas and all. I remember one camp spot in Agnas Waters on the East coast, this fella had to pack up his camp everytime he decided to head into town for a surf or get a bit of shopping. Not so bad if you are on your own, but hell if you need to pack in the kids and dogs.

Whatever you end up with, you're on a winner of a lifestyle.

Comment

Working...
        X