Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Build

Just bought this, yet to pick it up.
    1975 FJ40 shorty, pretty much a dream rig for me just need to find somewhere to store it where I can work on it and then I'm off to Mackay to collect. Some of the hard jobs have already been done, the roof is next. I'll see what shape it in and possibly go for a fibreglass roof.
    I'll post up here from time to time. Any other shorty owners here?

Sorry about the pic quality, such is the ability of the current owner.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4637.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	321259

Name:	IMG_9741.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	321260

This is what I am hoping to get it to.

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 10.02.14 pm.png
Views:	64
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	321261

That’s a beauty!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Forward!
    Where we are, where we belong, where we should be.

Comment

Awesome! Looks pretty much like the chassis and body resto is done... I loved the one I owned as a 'knock-a-round'.

Is this going for a 'ridgy didge' look or something a little more 'Tonka'?
      "If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

Comment

• danandria
        danandria commented
        Editing a comment
        going for the look like in the last pic, but could very easily end up going roof off pimped and lifted Tonka

• HERNE
        HERNE commented
        Editing a comment
        I was thinking roof on (due to lack of hair), lift kit biggish feet and a V8...

But 'Fudd' is good... Mine was 'Feral Fudd', rust an' all with original right down to the size of it's feet... My kidneys remember it well but not as fondly. Lol.

• danandria
        danandria commented
        Editing a comment
        gonna see how good the straight six goes first, its the 2F so 257inch or 4200cc maybe an old school yella terra head! dunno even if they still exist though and maybe a 4 x holley but dreaming again, I'll get it registered first and then decide. Lift kit and big boots are a must though.

Oooooh that's tidy Danandria.
      very nice that is my one day car I want to buy and do up too. Alone with a dodge Challenger or charger.
      Go hard or Go home.

Comment

• danandria
        danandria commented
        Editing a comment
        Sparta, I would love a Charger as shit as the were they are still one of my favourite rides mate. 100% Aussie muscle car. hahaha

Back in the day, we all put shit on a mate that paid big money for something that looked like an old truck.
      It was in pristine stock condition and he did unbolt the roof for a while, was a lot of bolts though.

He took me to the Kurnell dunes and we went up and down things so steep that I feared I would fall through the windscreen or get stuck wedged at the bottom or top, nothing stopped it though.

Years later I had an apprentice that built one like a rod with a warmed up 253 Holden, went well but looked like a fire engine and that was it's nickname.

Comment

Working...
      X